Thursday 26 April 2012

Make up your damn mind, Weather

We had such a terrible tease in March. The mercury was hitting mid twenties for an extended period and I had some beautiful rides. Didn't need any base layers and it's easy to push hard when your body isn't trying to keep itself warm on top of everything.
Then of course we have to go back to winter. SO many training rides becoming miserable simply because it's 5 degrees and wet. No matter how many layers you wear, there's very little to keep out the chill when you're doing 30km/h + and the sun is down. I had a late training ride earlier in the week and the whole time I was out the radar looked something like this...
This weekend's race at Mansfield is calling for a high of 10 - I don't care so long as it's dry, racing in the wet has been forever ruined for me after the "12/24 hour" Summer Solstice race a few years back.

In other news, I've enlisted the help of Adam Morka from Trek Canada to help me with some training. With his guidance my drive has gone way up and I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible from him. Currently he's got me taking it a bit easier in prep for the first OCup.

No comments:

Post a Comment