Wednesday 11 April 2012

Bugs EVERYWHERE

Often times when you're riding close to water you'll run into some bugs. It might be a couple that splatter onto your glasses or just one that goes right into your mouth just as you take in a gulp of air. The worst though are the thick clouds that assault your nostrils and populate whatever hair is exposed on your body. Sometimes it's over in seconds but other times it forces you to reroute. Today was the latter kind. I was traveling along the Lakeshore trail on a easy 90km route. I had already dealt with some bug along the way but nothing had prepared me for this. This was a tempest of bugs all right in the middle of my path and invisible until I'm already surrounded.
After clearing the storm

I'm really surprised to run into so many too and this early. I guess it's just something else to chalk up to the mild winter we had. This was similar to a time last year when I was training in Tommy Thompson Park.. 
Damn bugs are everywhere

 And no matter how thorough you think you are at wiping them all away, you'll inevitably find some more in your hair once you get home.

T-minus 18 days until OCup number one at Mansfield!

















No comments:

Post a Comment