Sunday 8 April 2012

Easter time riding

Good Friday I drove North to Albion Hills for some simple riding. No intervals, no sprints, just riding. That day also happened to be Albion's official opening day for spring and seeing as the weather was perfect, I knew I wouldn't be the only one in attendance. So I got my season's pass at the gate and then proceeded to the parking lot by the chalet - It was almost full, bike racks and colourful outfits everywhere.

As I was 5 seconds out of the parking lot, I ran into a teammate from UofT. Rode with him for about an hour and then proceeded to ride on my own. All in all I did 2 complete laps of the trail system. Turns out there are a couple of new trails in there that make the flow in between singletrack much smoother and easier to follow. Trails were dry but not dusty dry so you couldn't ask for better conditions.

Saturday was a busy one in the shop so I decided to take the rest of the day off for some r'n'r.

I'm told by the Specialized rep that the new road bike is "on the water" and provided I have high enough priority, one will be here for me in about a week's time.

This week's training will be slightly wetter if the forecast is to be believed - 3/7 days are calling for rain :(

No comments:

Post a Comment